Saturday, November 14, 2015

Three short poems


When I read

By X. Z. Shao

 

When I read

Li Bais lines

燕草如碧丝,

秦桑低绿枝,

I feel ashamed

to show my modern Chinese skill.

Thats why I hide myself in English. 

          2015/11/14

 

 

 


 
I walk into the realm of death
and see a spring of lives gush.

By X. Z. Shao
 
我走入死亡领地,
却看到生命涌泉。
 
2015/11/11


 

 

 

 

A group of busy men,

By X. Z. Shao

 

A group of busy men,

were enjoying themselves

by the lake with a tea table

and reclining chairs,

seated, their feet up in the air,

in tune with the yoga music.

They chatted and laughed loudly

about God-know-what

in local southern dialect,

while their cars were standing by

like their obedient butlers.

I guessed that might be

one of their best weekends.

I suddenly realized

how happy I had been as a lake man.

            2015/11/14

No comments:

Post a Comment